Meditating is so good for me. It grounds me in a way that makes me feel like I have my shit together. I talked about Box Breathing the other day which is how I have been starting my mornings. I then either listen to the Headspace app or do some visualization. I’ve been doing the fishbowl exercise. The idea is that you imagine you’re inside a murky fishbowl and each breath you take clears the water just a little bit. It’s really effective for me.
I read this great quote the other day by Seth Godin. This one hit a nerve for me. I realized this is exactly what I am doing about all kinds of things. I’m not that guy! I’m usually super optimistic but this kind of thinking has been was sneaking up on me. I found myself getting into the pattern more and more and almost doing it on autopilot. Reading this piece of wisdom has had a profound effect on me.
I’m finally going to ride my bike to work today. The weather is warm and I won’t freeze or get soaked from the rain. A warm summer shower is one thing. A cold spring rain is something else. I’ve ridden to work once so far. I’m so behind where I was at this point last year. You want to know something crazy? I’m actually nervous to ride to work. I’ve done it so many times but there is a part of me that feels nervous for some reason. I know I just need to get back in the groove but it’s interesting that I feel this way.
I forgot about a commitment I made to someone. I’m going to rectify it this weekend but man I hate when that happens.
I wrote about five hundred words last night. I think I write best when I just barf words onto the page and then sort them out. I need to explore rough concepts first so I know what I want to talk about. Then I dig into them, do some research and refine. Then I worry about making it sound coherent which might take a few more iterations. This process seems to work for me and it overcomes the biggest hurdle I face – the feeling of not getting enough words down. Once they are written I find the next parts quite easy. Maybe, just maybe I have had some insight into how I work best!
- I am grateful that I am riding my bike to work today and will experience the glorious morning outside while I am exercising
- I am grateful for Bluetooth headphones. It’s so nice not to have to worry about cords.
- I am grateful that Tanja and I have a work night planned just the two of us. We’re going to work on my speaker’s page on my website. I can’t wait to work together. Just thinking about it makes me happy.
- I am grateful for the calm that meditation brings me.
- I am grateful for my morning routine. It really does get my day off on the right track.
- I am grateful for the sound of the birds in the morning. I love listening to them as I write.
- I am grateful for today. What are you grateful for?