I got a lot done yesterday – except writing anything in my damn book! I’m not too upset about it because I got some other things accomplished that I wanted. It’s amazing how quickly time passes when I’m in the groove. I think I said that yesterday too.
I want to share something with you. Here’s something I get irrationally weird about – battery management on my phone. Once I get below like 70% I start feeling like I need to plug it in. And it’s not because I am obsessed with being on my phone all the time. It feels like something is out of order when my battery is not charged. So yesterday, I plugged it in over night but I didn’t push the plug all the way in. I woke up and it was at 11% and I had no time to charge it. Yesterday was basically my worst nightmare. It’s plugged in now and at 100% and all is right with the world.
I’m on the road for work – I’ll be heading home today. It’s when I am out of my routine that I realize just how much I thrive on routine. I never used to be like this but now that I am a forty-three year old curmudgeon, it’s where I am at. I don’t eat properly, I don’t work out. It drives me a little mental. That outside kettlebell workout I talked about yesterday? Yeah right. I knew I wasn’t going to do it when I wrote it but I was trying to convince myself anyway.
Regardless, I did some good stuff yesterday. I designed a few logos using Canva. This is seriously the best tool ever and is dirt cheap. It makes almost anyone, including me, feel like a graphic designer. I designed the logo for The Diary of Me with it. I also designed the logo for the New Grad Project posts with it. I mean, we’re not talking Madison Avenue material here but for me it’s not too bad.
Speaking of the New Grad Project, we launched our first round of publicity last night. It’s pretty exciting and I love what we’re trying to do. It’s all born out of a genuine desire to solve a problem we’re seeing. Once you’ve finished school – then what? Colleges and universities tend to leave that minor detail out. It’s a pleasure to work with my buddy Jeff. He’s doing an amazing job at figuring out all the mechanics behind this stuff. We’re creating something that will provide us with passive income and will help people at the same time. That’s perfect.
I finalized a post I will post this morning on The Book of Open. This is a very powerful one by John Julian. This man has been fighting his demons for fifty-two years and this is the first time he is going to speak about it publicly. I am so proud of him for having the courage to do this and it’s an honour to be a part of his journey.
I signed up for a MasterMind around branding myself as an author. I’m really looking forward to it. It’s eight hours and is put on by my book publisher. I can’t wait to go through this as I know it is going to give me a lot to work on. So much learning!
- I am grateful that I talked to a friend yesterday who wanted to express his appreciation for helping him edit and publish his first story on LinkedIn. I’m so excited to have played a part in that.
- I’m grateful for the fact that my amazing wife and I are going to sit down and do some work together on my stuff this week. She’s so good even though she drives me crazy sometimes. It’s good crazy.
- I am grateful that I talked to Chloe’s teacher yesterday about some Grade 7 stuff. I am so glad that she has her as a teacher. The teacher stays with the students from Grade 1 through Grade 8 in Waldorf so Chloe has such a powerful bond with her.
- I am grateful I am on this journey and that I am sharing it with people. It feels good to be making a small impact. I’m working on making it bigger.
- I am grateful that despite all my neurotic weirdness that I am fit and healthy and highly motivated.