The things that are happening are unbelievable…if you never put yourself out there and share your story. At first I was amazed at all the things that were starting to happen. Now I see that when you are open, honest and willing to help these are the things that just naturally happen as a consequence.
Let me walk you through what’s going on right now:
- I am scheduled or working out the schedule for 5 podcasts right now. Two of them are very big. As in game-changing big. I am so damn thrilled to be on them. I need to up my audio/video game and get the right kind of equipment. I’ve learned my lesson!
- I am going to pitch my book idea to a publisher in a week or two. My mentor is editing the proposal right now. I am doing a market analysis. He reached out to me simply because he believes in what I am doing. He has been so generous and kind that I am floored. He has also taught me a lot about the publishing industry which is an area I knew nothing about until a few weeks ago.
- I’ve got a few people that are willing to help me figure out how to increase my web traffic and looking at strategies to monetize the site. I’m very sensitive to doing this because I have to do it in a way that doesn’t put people off. These guys both contributed to the site and I appreciate their help so much.
- I’ve gotten help on how to do a webinar from the amazing and beautiful Christel Crawford. That’s the next thing on the to-do list after my book proposal is ready to go. I have some really good ideas on what content to create.
- My buddy Jeff and I are learning all this together. Jeff just launched Dad’s Reflections and is a learning machine. We just talked the other day and he gave me some great ideas. That lead me to:
- Sign up with Mailchimp and get that all sorted out
- Include a subscription area on my site
- Create a fantastic eBook out of the content I have already produced. That’s an awesome part about having so much content.
- Create my first little email campaign.
All the while I continue to make connections with high-caliber people who are changing the world for the better. It blows my mind how much time I spend on positivity now. Most of my conversations are about creating and collaboration and making a difference. I contrast that on how judgmental I used to be and how that got me nowhere.
I would not be where I am today if I had kept drinking. There is no way in hell.
So many of us see the world in terms of limitations and constraints. I did for a long, long time. Whenever something new was proposed or I had a new thought, I killed it with “Buts”. I could immediately see all the reasons why it wouldn’t work. I don’t think like that any more. I believe anything is possible. I am seeing more possibilities all the time. And I know that it’s my choices that create my future.
I am going to create a visual map of all the things that I have done and the connections that I have made. I would love to see it and I think it would be valuable for you too. I want to be able to show that by offering to do this podcast, I met this person who connected with this person which resulted in….I want you to see how easy it is to find ways to help people and what can happen. It really is a butterfly effect that will create possibilities you can’t even imagine.
Thank you for reading!!!