If you have a story to share, and you do, please consider sharing it on The Book of Open.
Some days I’m not so sure what progress looks like. It’s not linear and I usually don’t know what is around the next bend. In my heart I am confident but my brain can I have a hard time feeling the same way. Despite the fact that there are all kinds of good things happening I still find myself racked with doubt. I’ve mentioned this before but some days it never seems like enough. When I think like that I need to step back and take stock about what is going on with me:
- I have 3 podcasts lined up.
- I was introduced to another podcaster/author yesterday who has 500,000 fans on Facebook. He’s been on CNN and featured in a lot of places. I need to make the most of that chance. The best part is that a new friend made the introduction and spoke very highly of me which was so nice.
- My book proposal is taking shape. I need to do more work but I’m getting there. I have a wonderful mentor that is helping me.
- I just submitted a story that will be featured in a coffee table book about Dads. I got this feedback on what I submitted: “Yours is by far is the most touching and emotional one I’ve received so far. What you wrote has many valuable lessons and will touch many lives in a positive way.” Wow.
- I have a few friends that want to help me develop a web strategy and look at monetizing what I am doing. They just want to help.
- I have a few other irons in the fire related to some webinars etc. with some friends.
No wonder I feel overwhelmed. Yet it still doesn’t seem like enough. It’s enough. I’m creating value and helping people be better. I’m connecting people with each other and I am pushing my own horizons.
There are some wonderful stories coming up on The Book of Open. One of them is almost unbelievable. I feel honoured to have been entrusted with it.