March is here and spring is in the air. Well, actually spring is not in the air at all as we’re having a few of the colder days of the year. However, it looks like we only have a few days left of winter. Which means…I should be able to start biking to work next week. That is so exciting for me!
We’re heading to Chicago this morning for a cheerleading competition for Chloe. We’re going to take a few days on either side as none of us have been to the Windy City. It’s going to be great to get away as a family and eat some fantastic food and see new sights. There is going to be a lot of walking going on. I love walking around checking everything out!
I am blown away by how many cool things are happening. Connections are being made and opportunities are being created. Let me give you a quick run down:
- I’m working on the outline of my book. I have a target date to have a rough draft of the outline done on March 8. It’s challenging but I have a wonderful mentor who is motivating me and guiding me through the process
- I have a number of new stories for The Book of Open. These are incredible and moving stories and I can’t wait to share them.
- I have three podcast interviews coming up. One is sobriety related and two are parenting related.
- I have had two people offer to help me increase my web traffic and looking at ways to monetize the value I’m creating. They offered because they believe in what I am doing.
- I’ve had someone at work open up to me about some of the struggles they have been having. We’ve had a few important conversations. It feels good to use my experiences and what I have learned from them to make a difference and help people.
- I’ve gotten outstanding feedback on my article on how to talk to your kids. It was included in our school’s news letter. That meant a lot to me because I value the school a lot and I respect the woman who puts the newsletter together.
- I had a friend reach out to me yesterday. He told me his wife was talking to the spouse of someone abusing alcohol and she was referring them to the stuff I have been writing. She also told them I am writing a book. That was amazing. At that moment I posted an outline for Chapter 3 on Facebook. Coincidence? There are no coincidences!
- A friend challenged me yesterday to submit my writing to HuffPo. He is confident I will accepted. I hadn’t thought of that at all but I will. What a great challenge!
My workouts are going well. Nothing too revolutionary. Lots of kettlebells mixed in with the odd gym workout. I know I said I was going to quit but I still have a cheap membership (9 bucks a month) close to where I work so I pop in there every once in a while. 90 percent of my workouts are kettlebells. I’m so ready to start putting in the miles on my awesome bike. I miss riding.
I am grateful for how much my life has changed in the past few years. Quitting drinking was the best decision I have ever made. I’m not static or stagnant. In some ways I feel like the pace of change is accelerating. Goodness is crowding out everything else. Habits that no longer serve me are falling away as they are crowded out. I’ll write much more about that in the future. Much more.
I am grateful for today. What are you grateful for?